23 January, 2007

DigiTiiger

I have just finished a course titled "DigiTiiger" which concentrated on the usage of ICT means in classroom.
We learned a variety of new ways to make lessons more interesting and also how to use the computer classes at our school more effectively.
You have already tried out my two lessons on Verbals and Modals and I'm still waiting for feedback.
Other things that we learned were:

  • how to make mind-maps using Inspiration software;

  • how to create e-courses on the Internet (am definitely going to try this out with my BE course as there is so much trouble with the time of this selective subject);

  • how to create a blog (that one I knew quite well already as you may guess - mine is classified as edublog= blog with an educational purpose);

  • how to create tests and exercises and publish them on the web;

  • how to evaluate webpages and educational software;

  • how to use forums for communication with one's students and colleagues;

  • how to use Picasa - which is a free program for photo editing and many other things.

Today, as I said, was the last 'lesson' and I had to present the best works that I had prepared during the course. Surely, you may guess, my favourite achievement was the present blog which I used as an example of all my skills :D
I also used the Christmas Show post as an example of so-called blog explosion :D which means that the commentators get carried away and start arguing their own issues in the comments (too bad that i'm not making money for my blog as my visitation numbers have nearly doubled since the nationalism-debate started in comments). Warned my colleagues that things may get quite out of hand and eventually the blog-owner will be responsible for moderating the blog.

All in all, it has been an enlightening course and hope it was much use to my other colleagues as well.

No comments: