29 October, 2011

Fall Festival @ Sparta Elementary

I'm having a great time at Alleghany High School. Lucas is an absolutely wonderful teacher! I'm learning a lot from him and I'm learning quite a bit by just reflecting on what I do in class and why.
I enjoyed today's Fall Festival at Sparta Elementary School, where his daughter goes to. The day was just a little tiresome as it started already at about 6 (I had to get up, have a shower and pack my stuff) but all in all it was really OK.
I had my first chance to teach somebody here - I did the beginning of the poetry lesson by giving them words to write a beginning of a story with and read the Estonian poem out loud.
The most curious feedback about what Estonian sounds like was like Chinese and Italian combined and of course several of the kids told me that it sounds like one long word or sentence.  It was really interesting.
I took quite a lot of pictures today but I have no strength left to find and upload them, so you'll have to wait for the next time I write.
I'm going to a BABY SHOWER tomorrow, to CHURCH on Sunday and am probably going to dress up for HALLOWEEN on Monday. IT'S GOING TO BE A BUSY TIME! :D
But I enjoy being busy and everybody knows I like to TALK a lot. *it means that all the sales people in Sparta, NC know where I come from and what I'm doing in Sparta. :)

No comments: