11 October, 2011

Once upon a time in America

I've been there in the US for about exactly 3 weeks now.
I like this place a lot. I think it is mainly due to the wonderful Appalachian State University and its professors and lecturers who have all been amazing but also thanks to the great friends I've found among the members of our group of 22 teachers from 10 countries.

If you asked me, which of the things I've enjoyed most so far, I'd say that the hike that we had on Sunday. The weather was wonderful and we hiked on Boone Fork Loop Trail. Here you can read some more about it in a blog of someone who likes to hike on that trail a lot and here is the short Animoto video that Kristel made about the hike:


I haven't had time to sort my images and make a similar one but I'd like to. Pablo wrote about the hike too.

Here are the people that we hiked with - 6 are TEA-fellows and Sarah (her daughter and her friend) is one of the staff who looks after us here in the Appalachian.

Jahan, Margaret and me - on the rocks. :)
The colours were breathtaking and the weather great.




A short pause for a snack - on the rocks :)


I think Americans really love hiking and camping. I've seen that in so many movies and TV-series. You know when father takes his son camping and fishing in the mountains or forests somewhere. There were a lot of people out hiking, having a picnic or a barbecue and also camping in tents or caravans.
Most recently I saw exactly similar camping grounds in  the Vampire Diaries - so I think if you believe anything there is in the movies, I have to keep an eye out for werewolves in the nearby Blue Ridge Mountains...

I'd love to write more but my lunch-break will end soon. 
So I have to continue later with my observations on the US life and stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We hope you have a wonderful time there and you'll be back soon because we miss you sooo much! :(

Love,
10.B :)